Are You Interested (or “AYI” as the site calls itself) is one of the first Facebook-centric dating sites. Although you can sign up via email the site’s really its most powerful when it’s allowed to harness the power of your Facebook network to find you a date. “Online dating for grown-ups made easy” ¬†is the AYI.com way. The site is fast, flirty, and really, really easy to get started with.
What should you know about AYI.com before signing up?
- AYI is completely, totally free to use and download. Free profiles offer more usability than on some other sites (unlimited IMing, searching, “liking”) but there is a Premium Member option (paid) that allows for unlimited conversation with anyone.
- The company was founded in 2007 and has worked with Facebook all along, making it one of the most integrated social dating sites ever. There are over 20,000,000 Facebook users on AYI.com
- Are You Interested’s goal is to avoid the pitfalls of online dating (long sign up, lots of “work”, bad matches) by harnessing the power of Facebook’s proven data points.
- It’s most effective to sign up using your personal Facebook account although AYI is discreet. The site won’t post on your wall or make any other obvious reference to the fact that you use the service (except to other members.)
- There are lots of ways to find a date. You can browse through thousands of members like traditional dating sites encourage, you can search by “interests” as previously stated on Facebook profiles, or you can search by “Friends of Friends.”
- The Friends of Friends function is particularly popular because potential dates are already “vetted” by friends in real life. The app uses your location to display members who live closest to you first, although you can set it to show matches in other cities.
- Once you find someone you like you simply reach out using instant messenger (looks very similar to Facebook chat) and communicate from there. No email exchange, no web cam, nothing fancy.¬†
- There’s also a “like” function (just like on Facebook!) in which you can thumbs up another member’s profile. They’ll see your like and potentially reach out to you!
AYI.com is one of the biggest, most millennial-geared dating sites around. If you like sites that are mobile friendly, easy to use, and always updating themselves, this may be the place for you. If you’re already on Facebook, what have you got to lose?