Coffee Meets Bagel is an adorably-named social network dating site. It’s unlike traditional online dating sites in that it uses your own Facebook network to mine potential dates for you so there’s a better-than-average chance you’ll have something in common. The three sisters behind Coffee Meets Bagel know that friends of friends are the best way to find a date so they present each member with a “bagel” (a potential match) each day and hope they want to meet (i.e. have “coffee”). Founded in 2012 for a NYC-only audience, the site is now available via iOS app all over the country.
Here are a few reasons to consider using CoffeeMeetsBagel.com:
- The site’s heavily populated by young, 18-30 year old users because of its heavy reliance on Facebook and mobile applications
- Coffee Meets Bagel is 100% free to sign up for and use!
- Users sign up via their Facebook account but Coffee Meets Bagel never posts via Facebook or makes their participation public in any way.
- At noon every day, CMB send each user a “match” (based on the user’s preferences: age, height, ethnicity, etc.) mined from their own social network. The user then declines or accepts that match and if both users accept each other they’re invited to text on a secure SMS line (no real cell phones are needed)
- If you decline your match for the day you just wait for a new match the next day.
- There’s a time limit to accept your match so if you’re waiting to find out if your match likes you, you won’t wait long. And if you don’t like your “bagel” but think one of your friends might, you can send them along as a suggestion!
- Buying or earning “coffee beans” on the site unlocks additional features. These features include visibility of you and your match’s mutual friends, ability to return to a missed match, and even a personal score and ranking. You can earn beans by inviting more Facebook friends to use the service or buy them outright.
- There are over 100,000 users and 70% of those users check their matches every single day. CoffeeMeetsBagel.com is hyper location-specific, too, so you never have to worry about long distance dating (if you don’t want to!)
- Since users only get one match a day CMB is far less overwhelming than some other, larger online dating sites to use.
If you’re an app junkie or even if you just think online dating is too old fashioned (ha!) you may really love CoffeeMeetsBagel.com. It’s easy to use, uncomplicated, and far less overwhelming than traditional online dating and best of all, it’s free! If you like Tindr or mobile dating apps, you’re going to love Coffee Meets Bagel.