Matchmaking has long been the domain of moms (and aunts and godmothers and friendly church ladies…) so why shouldn’t there be a dating site with the same mission? Popular adult female forum, Fab Over Fifty, launched a sub-site a couple years back called “Date My Single Kid” or DMSK. The idea is simple: moms post their kid’s info and other moms take notice, passing the info along to single sons and daughters.
Invasive? Maybe. Effective? You bet. Growing? More and more every day.¬†
If you’ve got a single kid you can’t wait to see matched up or if you think your mom might be your best bet at finding the right partner, consider the benefits of Date My Single Kid:
- Date My Single Kid is in its second iteration and it’s hosted on the popular women’s blog FabOverFifty.com.
- Putting a profile up on DMSK is simple and it’s 100% free! All you need is a Fab Over Fifty profile which you can sign up for instantly.
- You don’t have to be a mom to list your single “kid.” You can be an aunt, a friend, a grandma…if you know a single adult whose looking for a match you’re free to post them.
- Profiles aren’t too lengthy and there’s no matching system. You post a photo of your “kid,” talk about who they are (occupation, hobbies, location, etc.), and specify who they’re looking for. Other members search through profiles and contact you using the Fab Over Fifty messaging platform to let you know if they think their kid is right for your kid!
- There’s no way to search specifically by religion, but if you only want your kid to match with other Jews or Christians, for example, you can look for members who identify their kids as such. The site is also gender-inclusive and allows members to find same-sex matches for their kids.
- Every profile that’s posted to DMSK is moderated before it ever goes live to ensure SPAM and fake profiles are minimal.
- If you’re the single kid you’ve got nothing to lose! Let your mom do all the work while you sit back and wait for her to come to you with matches.
- You should definitely¬†talk¬†to your kid about listing their profile! They may be uncomfortable using a dating site or having their personal information online.
- DMSK is relatively low-tech. You won’t find a mobile app, there’s nothing to “swipe” and features are nil. Fab Over Fifty has plenty of other sections where users can read articles, get tips, and talk to each other – DMSK is simply a profile marketplace.
- The dating network is very under-the-radar. You won’t find a lot of news articles, commercials, or stats bragging on how many members there are – the moms on DMSK just want quality matches, not a huge site that’s overwhelming!
- The FabOverFifty.com community features tens of thousands of members who are engaged and friendly. Membership to the site is free although there are “premium” memberships available that unlock additional features for a monthly fee.
Are you a mom with a single son or daughter? Do you have a nephew who you just¬†know¬†is a great catch but hasn’t met the right woman? If you’ve scoured your church, your grocery store, and your Zumba group for matches for your kid but come up empty, turn your eyes toward Date My Single Kid. The internet can help your kid find love!