My Lovely Parent is one of a handful of dating sites designed to help seniors find love…with a little help from their loved ones! Founded in England, the site’s now available in a handful of Westernized countries like the UK and US and because it’s so clean, easy-to-use, and nonthreatening, it’s really catching on.
Considering using MyLovelyParent.com to help a lonely friend or family member find love?
Here’s what you need to know about one of the most selfless dating sites around!
- It’s completely free to start a profile on My Lovely Parent. It’s free to talk at first, too, but if members want to communicate back and forth or make deeper connections they’ll have to pay a standard monthly fee.
- The site is designed with gun-shy seniors in mind. The idea is for “younger” generations, mostly sons and daughters, to head to My Lovely Parent to start an online dating profile for a single parent and give them a nudge towards love.
- You start by filling out a little info about your parent (they’ll get a link in an email later to fill out the rest) – that way they’ve got final control over what their site profile looks like.
- You’ll get to choose a few people on the site you think your parent might be interested in to suggest to them. That way they’ll see who else is online dating and maybe be encouraged!
- You cannot sign yourself up for the site! The idea is to only display profiles of people who are “endorsed” by others who really know them. Of course, no one is obligated to fill out/complete a profile.
- Every profile on the site is hand-approved by the team at My Lovely Parent to ensure the site stays SPAM free and also free of scammers
- There aren’t many bells and whistles (read: features) on the site and the search criteria are really broad. But the idea is that people using the site aren’t familiar with online dating and therefore don’t want to be overwhelmed by options
- For parents and relatives who are scared of the internet, the site’s incredibly easy to use and navigate
- My Lovely Parent works in conjunction with charity Family Lives which can provide support for everything from home care issues to living will arrangements and more
- There’s an active Twitter and Facebook following for My Lovely Parent where you can get your questions answered and meet other singles!