Who says singles with STDs or HIV don’t deserve to find love? The internet is the best thing that ever happened to people struggling with communicable diseases because there are plenty of sites dedicated specifically to matching them with others in the same boat. Positive Singles is the premiere site within the STD online dating category. It’s time to look past the stigma and consider how STD dating sites like Positive Singles keep everyone safer and nourish honest, responsible relationships.
Here are a few of the best features of PositiveSingles.com
- The site has been around since 2001 and boasts over 60,000 successful relationships
- Positive Singles is open to both straight and gay daters and has nearly a million members
- There are categories for every type of STD, from Aids/HIV positive to herpes to chlamydia
- It’s not required that you actually have an STD to join the site. Positive Singles is open to anyone who doesn’t mind dating a positive single
- Users can search by traditional criteria like age, height, and location or, if they pay for a Gold Membership, specifically for positive singles themselves (or by disease)
- There’s a very active blog community on the site where members post editorials about living with STDs. There are hundreds of new blogs posted every day!
- Features include a live dating counselor/dating advice chat function, STD support groups, and locations for where to get treatment for STDs
- The site has a great mobile app which is available for Android and iPhone
- Users communicate by sending emails, “winking” at each other, and in chat rooms
- Positive Singles is highly confidential and promises not to sell members’ information to third parties