Did you know that 3% of the U.S. population successfully waits until marriage to lose their virginity? That may seem like a small number but it actually represents over 10,000,000 people! In highly religious groups, the rate of people who say they want to wait until marriage goes as high as 20%, and that doesn’t even include all the folks that may not be virgins but have avowed to remain celibate until they get married.
WaitingTilMarriage.org is a dating site designed specifically with these people in mind. Have you been struggling to find someone I.R.L. who shares your view of sex?
Here are a few points to consider about Waiting Til Marriage.
- First and foremost, the site’s not just for dating! Whether you’re looking for an abstinent love or you’re already dating one, Waiting Til Marriage is dedicated to providing resources and helping friends make friends.
- There are tons of useful features on the site! There’s a book (a “Survival Guide”) as well as blog articles, active chat communities, and even suggested songs, videos and books.
- The site is very small, at only about 4,000 members, but that means it’s a tight-knit community of supporters.
- You won’t find any of the bells and whistles of traditional dating sites. You won’t make a profile attempting to attract others and the real way people find and date each other is through the site’s various forums.
- WaitingTilMarriage.org is entirely curated by people who choose abstinence. Every designer, developer, and author on the site is saving themselves!
- It’s important to note the site’s not affiliated with any particular religion like Christianity. There are people who use the site from all types of religions who live in various parts of the country and all over the world (although it’s based in the U.S.)
- Members can put up their own blog posts and host their own chat forums. There’s even a group chat with everyone on the site once a week!
- The guy to girl ratio on the site is about 35% to 65%, respectively. The site’s growing 5% per month and gets about 50,000 unique visitors every 30 days!
- The WaitingTilMarriage.org community is incredibly tight-knit. Members can order wristbands and there are even active Twitter and Facebook communities, too.
Looking for an online space to hang out with others who are waiting until they get married to have sex? Whether you’re a virgin, very religious, or even want to find out more about why it might be a good decision for you to become celibate, Waiting Til Marriage may be a good site to spend some time on. Who knows…you might even find the love of your life!
Are you waiting until marriage? Tell us about your experience below.